Sunday, August 4, 2013

Neck Knife Lanyard and Turk's Head

This is a Meyerco Bottle Rocket neck knife  which I have had for a while and decided to spruce up a little. Using Hunters Green 1.18mm Micro Cord from Atwoods Rope MFG. I started off with a six strand plait long enough to comfortably go over my head. Next I tied Matthew Walker knots on each end. I covered the Matthew Walker knots with an extended Diamond Knot which is a very attractive covering. After this I made a three strand braid and passed it through the rivet in the Kydex sheath I then doubled the braid by following the original braid back through the rivet in the opposite direction with the opposing strands. I then used the ends to double the extended diamond knot. I find the Matthew walker knot covered with the extended diamond to be a really attractive knot for use in lanyards. I also tied a 2x11 Turks Head around part of the handle of the knife. I hope you enjoyed this post please leave a comment below.





 






















No comments:

Post a Comment